1. Hey! Real estate is surrounded by many income tax provisions. Starting from buying of property, keeping and maintaining the same and continues till selling it out.

    • We understand that you want to sell the house property and invest the proceeds in a commercial property for saving capital gains tax. If our understanding is correct, you cannot do so. You have to invest the sale proceeds in another house property or purchase 54EC bonds.

  2. i purchased two shop six month before . now i want to sell one. how can i save capital gain tax on sale of one shop.
    can i save capital tax like residential property .

    • You can save capital gains tax by investing the complete sale proceeds in a residential property. If you don’t invest complete proceeds then you will get an exemption on prorate basis, with the calculation as:
      Amount invested*Long term Capital gains/Net consideration


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.