1. Yes, you can do the same but after paying the capital gains tax on the gains accrued (if any). If you do not want to pay tax then you have to buy/construct another residential property or invest in capital gain bonds.

  2. I have opened a capital gains account in sbi after the sale of my residential building. Now can i invest this money in buying commercial property??

    • No, you have to buy residential property only if you want to save capital gains tax. As per rules, Investing in Commercial Properties would not help you save taxes.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.